Talide e.V.Waldemarstraße 33
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)381 2003028|
|Contact person:||Rúben Cárdenas Carbajal|
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Aid for developing countries
The TALIDE association (Taller Latinoamericano de Investigación y Desarrollo – Latin American Research and Development Workshop) was founded in Rostock, Germany on 26.01.1995. Our association is non profit-making and is part of the worldwide movement working towards justice, peace, the integrity of creation and international understanding.
Tasks and goals
The association supports the integration of Latin Americans in Germany and/or their reintegration in Latin America. We seek to raise awareness of the social, economic and cultural situations in the countries of Latin America and to encourage international understanding and tolerance.
Areas of work
• Analysing the integration processes of Latin Americans in Rostock.
• Mentoring Latin Americans living in Rostock, in cooperation with the Rostock Migrant Council.
• Educating people about Latin America, mainly in kindergartens, schools and Rostock University.
• Planning, coordinating and evaluating the projects of the Development Collaboration.
• Organising cultural events, including cooperation with other migrants’ associations (Latin Social Night, Rostock Multicultural Weeks, peace festivals)
• Participating in the organisation and coordination of events to combat xenophobia, racism and right wing extremism.
• "Raíces" – Roots: directed towards the children of Latin Americans and their German spouses, offering them the chance of organising groups to learn or maintain the Spanish language and the culture of their country of origin.
• Seminario Permanente Latinoamericano (SPL): The SPL’s aim is to create connections to the social, political, economic and cultural realities of Latin American countries. .
• Literature Circle
• "La Concordia I and II": TALIDE supports the “North South Bridge Trust”, helping new farmers in the middle of the south Peruvian wastelands.
• "Comedor" – community kitchen: TALIDE, together with the North South Bridge Trust, supports the Women’s Initiative in the "La Natividad" housing development.
• CORITO I and II: CORITO is a federation of over 40 organisations in the region of Arequipa, in Peru, which are committed to the advancement of children and juveniles. With the support of the North South Bridge Trust, TALIDE aids further education measures for children and juveniles.
• CORITO III: With the project "CORITO III – CORITO House" TALIDE supports job training for street children aged 13 to 16.
Rubén Cárdenas is a committee member of TALIDE.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation and provide up to date information and contacts in relation to Latin America.