Indienhilfe e.V. Herrsching
teilen - lernen - miteinander für eine zukunkftsfähige ErdeLuitpoldstr. 20
|Phone No.:||+49 8152-1231|
|Fax No.:||+49 8152-48278|
|Contact person:||Chakraborty, Elke|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
- Antiracism, policy of integration
The "Indienhilfe" (help for India) is a registered charitable association with 242 members at the moment. It was founded in 1980 by the students of medicine Angelika and Elisabeth Kreuz from Herrsching after they had stayed with Mother Theresa in Calcutta to work there.
Our fields of work are:
- Help for self-help in India: In the year 2000, the "Indienhilfe" supported 24 projects with a total of around 360,000.--DM together with nine Indian partner organizations.
Focal subjects: integrated rural development, promotion of women (in particular small loans to build up modest livelihoods). For the year 2000 as well, the "Indienhilfe" received once again the donation seal of the "Deutsches Zentralinstitut" (DZI) (German central institute) for social matters.
- The "INDIENBÜRO der Indienhilfe" (Indian office for the help for India) is an information centre which works all over Germany and informs people who are interested in development issues about matters of India. The publishing house DURGA PRESS is intentionally connected with the Indian office.
- The "Indienhilfe" promotes fairer trade structures world-wide by the sale of products from the Third World in their Third-World-shop in Herrsching.
- The dialogue project of the "Indienhilfe" aims mainly at the inter-cultural exchange in the administrative district of Starnberg.
- The "Indienhilfe" works together with the study group lifestyles / One World within the framework of the "Lokale Agenda 21 Herrsching".
At present, the "Indienhilfe" works together with nine non-governmental organizations in India that suggest financing projects and programmes. There are a permanent dialogue and intensive relations due to reciprocal information, regular reporting, correspondence, bills and numerous project visits (of course on one´s own account).
Elke Chakraborty, born in Trier in 1940, is married to an Indian and she is an expert of India. She is working as an independent psychotherapist. Since 1989, she has been a member of the "Indienhilfe" and since 1995 she has been a member of the executive board. Her work is concentrated on Adivasi and women.
We give expert advice, lectures and organize slide shows and communicate up-to-date specialist information and arrange for contacts with regard to development projects in India.