Eternal Forest Trust Ltd.Garth House, 22 West End Parade
LL53 5PN Pwllheli, Gwynedd
|Telefon:||01758 612 006; 07968 167 204|
- Projet d'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Organisation spirituelle
The Eternal Forest Trust is a charity that nurtures life within woodlands, helping everyone to celebrate nature, including the disabled and young people. The Trust, based on the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales, offers woodland burials and dedicates plots and trees in memoriam and in celebration.
Our ethos is respect for all life. This means care for the whole of the biosphere, understanding that all forms of life are linked together.
Our methods are organic: we compost and recycle and avoid poisonous chemicals. We buy locally whenever possible, re-use what we can and limit the use of non-renewable resources. We seek to enhance biodiversity, celebrating the beauty and variety of Nature.
We accept death as a natural part of life, regarding it as the changing of the body into new forms of life. We support the bereaved and those who confront death by encouraging them to tune into the healing peace and harmony of the wood.
Care for people includes accepting people with physical, mental or financial limitations. It means allowing for differences between individuals, belief systems and cultures, and valuing creativity and learning. We ask only that people who come to the wood take care not to damage the environment or harm the life-forms that surround them.
The Objects of the Charity are, briefly:
• provision of amenity woodland for the public;
• provision of education about woodland;
• provision and maintenance of a green burial ground;
• succour for the bereaved.
We hope that in the long term, The Eternal Forest Trust will be able to propagate this vision, assisting other groups in setting up green burial grounds where trees and wildlife may enjoy sanctuary alongside people.
The Eternal Forest Trust offers a variety of services in the wood, ranging from burials to nest boxes celebrating special people or events.
• We bury people, pets, and ashes on plots you can choose, and detailed mapping ensures that the plot will remain dedicated to those you love for ever.
• We can plant a tree for you or with you, along with ferns, bluebells and local wildflowers. If you want to select a woodland glade for yourself or your family and pets, we will meet you in the wood and guide you to the spaces available.
• If you’re not interested in burial – if, perhaps, you want to commemorate the birth of a child or remember someone you lost years ago - you can choose a tree in which to hang a hand-made plaque or nest box.
The wood is always open to pedestrians and you can visit whenever you like. The gate will take wheelchairs, there are good paths through the wood, and there is off-road parking.
Arabella Melville is the Chief Executive Officer of the Eternal Forest Trust ltd.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.