International Forum Bosnia (IFB)Sime Milutinovića 10
|Telefon:||+387 (0) 33 217 665; +387 (0) 33 217 670; +387 (0) 33 217 680|
|Telefax:||+387 (0) 33 206 484|
- Politique de la paix
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The International Forum Bosnia (IFB) is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1997 in Sarajevo. It brings together individuals and institutions from Bosnia and Herzegovina and abroad committed to the creation of a future for Bosnia and Herzegovina as a harmonious and united society, based on dialogue, trust, and respect, and on best practice in the fields of human rights protection, the rule of law, and democracy.
The IFB's members adhere to the principle of the sustainability of Bosnia and Herzegovina as a plural society with a very rich political and cultural heritage. This heritage is a significant resource for the development of a unified polity that exemplifies the best aspects of the European spirit. IFB members believe that the development of the country on these lines requires the formation of a new intellectual community to pioneer the analysis of social and political behaviour and views and the development of new understandings as the basis for the restoration of trust across society.
The IFB approaches these goals in a twofold manner.
• The first path involves the deconstruction of the divisive political and social ideologies based on ethnicity, religion, and other exclusive world-views, which have been underlying causes of mistrust, intolerance, and social exclusion and major generators of social tension and conflict in the region.
• The second path involves the systematic development and promotion of a new synthesis for Bosnia and Herzegovina which incorporates a vision of social development free from fear, hostilities, and tensions.
Accordingly, the members advocate research into the all aspects of Bosnia and Herzegovina from the widest possible range of perspectives. In this way, the IFB seeks to contribute to a new understanding of Bosnian unity in diversity through a long-term research project covering all aspects of society, especially geopolitics, education, cultural and religious traditions and dialogue, environmental and ecological perspectives, advanced and information technologies, energy policy and responsible use of natural and renewable resources, gender issues, regional co-operation, distributive justice, sustainable development, the rule of law, human rights, social inclusion and other issues related to the efficient transition of Bosnia and Herzegovina towards harmonious membership in the community of European countries.
One major way in which the IFB works towards its objectives is through the organisation of intellectual gatherings and undertakings (workshops, panels, symposia, conferences, public lectures, exhibitions, the advancement of knowledge about Bosnia and Herzegovina, etc.) and the presentation of significant perspectives on culture, society, scholarship and politics related to Bosnia and Herzegovina and its place in the world through its journal Forum Bosnae, working documents and the IFB web page: http://www.ifbosna.org.ba.
• International Conference Unity and Plurality in Europe
• International Youth and Heritage Summer Camp: ĆUPRIJA
• International Summer School
• Project "Bosnia: research and development" (BOSRED)
Alma Mrgan-Slipičević is a Project Coordinator of the International Forum Bosnia (IFB).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.