Morgan Smart Development Foundation (MSDF)No 6, Oki Street, Off Okere Road
Okere Warri, Delta State
|Phone No.:||+234 (0)53 250391|
|Contact person:||Daniel Ayodele|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
In spite of the Oil wealth of the Niger Delta, the poverty and degradation that permeate the environment has continued to be of great concern to the people of the region. The misery of the poverty unfortunately, has been more pronounced on women, since they find it more difficult to lift themselves and their children out of poverty owing to pervasive gender induced socio-cultural, economic, political and legal restriction. Ironically, a lot of these women are the breadwinners of their families.
It is in the consciousness of the founder trustee of the foundation to contribute in her own little way in ameliorating the situation that she endowed the foundation Morgan Smart Development Foundation (MSDF) in 2003, named after late father Mr. Morgan Smart Urhobo.
The foundation have achieved modest success in implementing some of its set objectives. This has been inspite of the magnitude of challenges confronting the region and the paucity of funds that would have empowered the foundation to carry out projects and programs, that would impact on the people for sustainable development of the region.
• renovation of school buildings
• construction of boreholes
• construction of classrooms, unit toilets and ring wells
• Health Center Projects
Capacity Building Projects:
• Youth Empowerment Programme: The youth empowerment programme of the foundation is designed to help reduce unemployment and youth restiveness by making them employable through scholarship, sponsorship, training, skill acquisition and promotion of enterprise amongst them.
• skill acquisition programme
• capacity building, advocacy and sensitization of women by the foundation.
• workshops, meetings and other training programmes
Daniel Ayodele is the Project Manager of the Morgan Smart Development Foundation (MSDF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.