GREEN WORLD (GW)P.O.Box 93/7
188544 Sosnovy Bor; Leningrad Oblast
|Telefon:||+7 921 74 52 631; +7 921 74 52 631|
|Telefax:||+7 921 74 52 631|
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Projet d'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
GREEN WORLD, founded in 1988 and registered in 1997, is a non-governmental, non-profit environmental charity organization. Green World is a member of the International Socio-Ecological Union and a member of the Coalition Clean Baltic.
GREEN WORLD (GW) is the single non-governmental, non-profit charity environmental organization in the classified nuclear zone (80 km to the west from St. Petersburg), on the south coast of the Gulf of Finland, Baltic Sea.
Main goals of GW activities:
• Obtaining, analysis and distribution of environmental information on nuclear safety, energy efficiency and renewable energy in the Region;
• Involving the residents and authorities of the Region in activities for nature protection, towards production of safe energy and its effective usage;
• Sustainable development education for children;
• Saving marine ecosystem of the Baltic Sea, the unique nature reserves of the south coast of the Gulf of Finland;
• Further co-operation with environmental NGOs.
The goal of GW is to merge intellectual and organizational potential of the GW members for the sake of protection of nature and all living beings; for saving and restoration of nature and mankind's cultural heritage; physical and spiritual people's health; guaranteeing energy environmental safety and sustainable development.
GW is giving independent, timely and detailed information on nuclear units on the south coast of the Gulf of Finland.
GW educates safe energy specialists and suggests safe energy solutions in the Northwest of Russia.
Main objects monitored by GW
• The Leningrad Nuclear Power Plant in Sosnovy Bor. Its four RMBK-1000 Chernobyl-type reactors operate since 1981.
• The storage of waste nuclear fuel in Sosnovy Bor. It is located 90 metres from the shore of the Gulf of Finland. Overloaded by 130% of its design capacity.
• Incineration Unit For Radioactive Waste (RW)
• Plant For Melting Metallic Radioactive Waste Ecomet-s
• Natural Values
Oleg Bodrov is the Chairperson of Green World.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.