Anonymous for Animal RightsP.O. Box 11915
Anonymous for Animal Rights, an Israeli nonprofit, was established in 1994 and became Israel’s leading animal rights organization. It focuses on several animal rights issues: the consumption of meat and animal source foods, using animals for clothing and entertainment, and animal testing. We chose the title "Anonymous" as an expression of deep solidarity with those sentient, nameless beings, known to us only by their incomprehensible numbers, who are subjected to systematic abuse.
Anonymous activities are focused in three areas: documentation, information dissemination, and legal areas (legislation and regulation).
A long-term change can only be achieved through a radical mind-shift among human beings. Therefore, education and grassroots activities have always been the focus of our work. These promote both public recognition of animal rights, and endorsement of veganism and vegetarianism. Our regular activities to promote cruelty-free lifestyle include lectures in schools on a virtually daily basis, daily tabling around Israel, producing and distributing leaflets, booklets and videos, maintaining an extensive website in Hebrew, and distributing a weekly e-magazine to over 15,000 subscribers.
Our successful campaigns include:
• Banning the use of wild animals in circuses all over Israel, and banning the use of any nonhuman animal in the cities of Tel-Aviv and Herzelia
• Banning animal dissection in all schools
• Stopping the construction of a primate breeding facility for experimentation
• Banning the tail docking and dehorning of cows without using anesthetics
• Banning the force-feeding of geese and ducks
• Banning water deprivation from veal calves and their isolation in crates
• Anonymous fights against battery cages.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work