Dream A DreamNo. 11/17, 3rd Cross, 1st Block,
560011 Jayanagar, Bangalore
|Phone No.:||+91-80-2657 9580; +91-80-6534 9980|
|Contact person:||Vishal Talreja|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Founded in 1999, Dream A Dream is registered Charitable trust which seeks to empower children from vulnerable background by developing life skills and at the same time sensitizing to community through active volunteering leading to non-discriminatory society where unique differences are appreciated.
Life skills are fundamental to development of child & youth from vulnerable backgrounds and enable successful transition and integration into society. Our programs foster life skills including Interpersonal Skills, Cognitive skills, along with creativity, confidence, self-awareness and a passion for learning.
Dream A Dream programs allow children to develop:
• Interpersonal skills including teamwork, communications, negotiation and coping skills
• Cognitive skills such as decision-making, problem solving and critical thinking
• Creativity, confidence, self-awareness and a passion for learning
Life skills development at Dream A Dream is fostered through a variety of weekly programs for children referred to Dream A Dream by our partner NGOs in Bangalore communities.
• Life Skills Thru Sports: Currently, Dream A Dream offers Football & Rugby as sports for learning. Through weekly sessions, children not only learn the sport in a fun and engaging environment albeit also develop critical life skills such as team-work, creativity, problem solving, self-awareness, etc.
• Life Skills Thru Creative Arts: Long-term, focused curriculum based programs aimed at developing life-skills in the children using a variety of arts and crafts based mediums.
• Dream Mentoring: As the name suggests, the program is aimed at pairing a senior, experienced volunteer with a young adult from a vulnerable background to help them make the transition from an Institutional Support care system to an Independent Living environment.
• LearnIT Program: A computer literacy program designed using games, activities and innovative methodologies aimed at teaching the basics of computer hardware, applications, usage and internet to children from vulnerable backgrounds.
• Dream Outdoor Experiential Programs - In partnership with The Adventurers - A wilderness school in Bangalore, Dream A Dream runs a unique outdoor program for children from vulnerable backgrounds.
• Dream Fundays: Fundays are half-day to one-day long fun, creative learning opportunities for children aimed at giving them new exposures. These are great platforms to engage new volunteers and children through simple activities like taking children to visit the planetarium, museum, musical
• DreamConnect: Dream A Dream, through its latest initiative, Dream Connect, hopes to empower youth aged 15+ with life skills for career development.
In the last 12 years, Dream A Dream has impacted the lives of over 8000 children and work with nearly 4000 children and young people every year.
Vishal Talreja is the Co-founder & Executive Director of Dream A Dream.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.