Animals Asia FoundationHerzogstr. 9
|Teléfono:||+49(0)89-383 77 130|
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.animalsasia.org|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Proyecto de medio ambiente
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Organización de apoyo
Founded in 1998, Animals Asia Foundation (AAF) is devoted to the welfare of wild and urban animals in Asia. We also work towards the conservation of endangered species.
Animals Asia is an Asian-focused registered charity with headquarters in Hong Kong and offices in Australia, China, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, the UK and USA,
To protect animals in Asia from cruelty, focusing on two major issues:
• Ending bear farming and the trade in bear bile
• Ending the consumption of dogs and cats
To foster a new era of compassion and respect for animals by promoting a change in attitudes.
• Change through empathy: Our animal ambassadors embody the ideal that empathy for one animal can evolve into empathy for an entire species and ultimately for all species.
• Negotiation: We take a non-partisan, sensitive approach in working with governments, authorities, experts and local communities. We work with, not against, people to find sustainable solutions for all parties.
• Education: We inform and empower local communities for the welfare of animals and people, promoting change at the grass-roots level.
• Investigation: Using the latest veterinary techniques, animal care and conservation science, our field officers find solutions for animals that take into account local needs.
• Healing without harm: We promote alternatives to animal products for use in traditional medicine.
• Animal therapy: Our Doctor Dog and Professor Paws programmes show that animals are our helpers and friends
We have three flagship programmes:
• End Bear Farming: We have many campaigns, including the Moon Bear Rescue aimed at bringing the barbaric practice of bear farming and the bile trade to an end. We also work to reduce the demand for bile in Asia by promoting affordable, effective and cruelty-free alternatives.
• Cat and Dog Welfare: Our campaigns include Friends or Food (to end cat and dog eating in Asia) and Animal Therapy (our pioneering Dr Dog and Professor Paws programmes).
• Action against Cruelty: Our campaigns include Captive Bear Care; Chinese Zoos and Safari Parks; and Wildlife Consumption. Animal Welfare Action: We harness the voices of supporters around the globe to lobby for specific actions by governments or organisations. We raise awareness of cruel practices and mistreatment of animals used in public entertainment and traditional medicine. We expose the brutality of live-animal markets and co-ordinate relief for animals in emergency situations.
Christa Filipowicz is Media and PR Manager of Animals Asia Foundation Germany.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.