Social Harmony And Development Organization (SHADO)91 Lower Floor,Sethi Plaza, Chowk Allama Iqbal
|Phone No.:||+92 52 4293039, +92 52 6944475; +92 300 6120871|
|Fax No.:||+92 52 4580538|
|Contact person:||Nasir Nayyer|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Human rights
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Social Harmony and Development Organization, SHADO was established in 1999 for betterment and development of our society. It is a non-profit and non-governmental organization which is filled with love and care for humanity.
SHADO is active in Sialkot, Pakistan for human rights and development. SHADO is a civil grass root non- governmental organization working on the basic of social/human needs and empowerment in urban and rural areas of District Sialkot.
• Social Harmony Program: The main focus of Social Harmony program is to eradicate prejudices, discrimination, narrow mindedness, intolerance, unfairness and injustice among different community living in our society. SHADO organized various activities including Seminars, Training Workshops, Dialogues among communities, walks, theater performance etc.
• Social Free Health Facility For Poor Community Members: SHADO has organized a free health care centre in one of the slum areas of Sialkot.
• SHADO-WUNRN Workshop: Continuing its efforts to promote women rights, peace and harmony through gender equality and human rights, and elevate position of women community in our society, SHADO conducted WUNRN- SHADO Workshop in collaboration with Women's United Nations Report Network (WUNRN), USA based and global.
• Street Theater: SHADO has a trained theater team which actively participates in the street plays organized for the awareness of community members.
• Social Rehabiliation of Children with Disability: The main objective of the program is to facilitate the children to get proper education and medical facilities. SHADO provide tuition fees, school uniforms, books, etc so they may get proper education and also arrange their physical checkups, surgeries and provide equipment to disabled children, i.e. braces, wheel chairs, and clutches and coordinate physiotherapy exercises of the children with hospital management.
• Income Generating Program: SHADO has provide loans to start various businesses like carpet weaving, reed making, grocery store, goat farming and poultry items, etc.
• Relief Program for Earth Quake Victims: The Relief Team distributed Rice, Sugar, Pluses, Tea Leaves, Salt and Spices, Dry Milk, Warm Cloths and Blankets and first aid kits to almost 300 most deserving and distress family members who were affected by the Earth Quake which made the lives of the earth quake victims miserable and depress.
• Women Desk: The Women Desk is very active in organizing regular meetings with the women community members in the SHADO’s target area. The Women Desk and women community members plan various programs and organize meetings to discuss problems and provide solution to women in need.
• Translations and Publications: We publish posters, handbills and pamphlets in which many social issues like human rights, social harmony and peace building, education, health, etc are portrayed.
Nasir Nayyer is Programme Coordinator of SHADO.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure a lecture and procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.