Children's Eco Training (CET)PO Box 1227
Afrique du Sud
|Telefon:||+27 082 713 8778, +27 082 456 7361|
|Telefax:||+27 086 628 8733|
|Interlocuteur:||Zani Kunz – CEO or Lyndsay Finney – Project Coordinator|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Projet d'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Organisation d'aide
Children's Eco Training (CET), a registered Public Benefit organisation, was founded in 2004. It is a multi-pronged charity organisation initiated to conserve South Africa’s natural heritage. The programme focuses on hands-on environmental education amongst the youth in the Hoedspruit and Acornhoek areas. The purpose is to make them aware, teach them how to conserve and inspire them to appreciate nature in all its intricacies and to help them understand that for man to survive, nature must survive.
• Children from the surrounding communities are taken into the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve during their school holidays for a 5 day learning experience. The focus is on global ecological topics. In a fun way, technical skills, awareness and literacy are transferred using the natural environment.
• Support-a-School project involves companies, volunteers and individuals who work together in partnership to improve the harsh conditions in the rural schools.
• A link was established between the Cape Town based charitable organization, Make a Difference (MAD), Southern Cross Schools and CET to grant scholarships to underprivileged children and to monitor the progress of these students.
• Kit-a-Kid School Uniform Initiative started to address the needs of children who were turned away from school because they couldn’t afford to buy school uniforms. Every year CET gives school uniforms to approximately 300 needy children from donations they have collected.
• Children’s Eco Training works with several volunteer programmes that bring volunteers to help with the on-going maintenance and structural improvement of the schools they have adopted.
• CET welcomes interest from other volunteer groups, lodge guests and interested parties that would like to pay a visit to our projects, get their hands dirty and contribute manually in a work group or financially to the upkeep and improvement of the infrastructure at our schools. Groups or individuals may even choose a particular project that they would like to work with or contribute to.
• An Audio CD was made for CET with sounds from the bush from dawn to dusk. This was initiated as a fund raising project and the CD’s can be ordered online from the Administration office on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together we can make a difference. Let us all stand together and move forward to protect and preserve our earth and enlighten the future generations to come.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.