HALE (Health & Life for Everyone)80 Relugas Road
EH9 2LZ Edinburgh, Scotland
|Telefon:||+44 (0)131667 6883|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
HALE (Health & Life for Everyone), founded in 2008, is a not-for-profit organisation with charitable purposes that we have set up to provide direct assistance to children, young people and adults who are at risk as a result of vulnerabilities, disability or disadvantage in regions and countries throughout the world.
We also provide high quality consultancy, training, networking, skill and knowledge transfer, and technical support in the development of strategies, programmes and services to help overcome these limitations.
Our programmes and project work are based on research and evidence, supported by evaluation and monitoring. Our experience includes extensive work with universities, government, statutory agencies, voluntary organisations, universities and community groups throughout Scotland.
Our special focus is on developing improved models and strategies for working with risk in street shelters, institutions, schools, health facilities, and community organisations. We work with a wide range of risk groups, including children in institutions, teenagers with eating disorders, people with mental health problems and learning disabilities, offenders, and children and adults in the sex industry, transferring lessons about what works between different health settings and different countries.
Programmes and Projects:
• Work based in UK: Our experience includes extensive work with universities, government, statutory agencies, voluntary organisations, universities and community groups throughout Scotland.
• International projects outside UK: Leading and managing projects in the Russian Federation and in other East European countries, drawing on many years of experience in health, housing and social care in the UK.
• Training courses: These courses will appeal to social work, social care and health care practitioners as well as service users, their carers and vulnerable individuals.
• A World Without Walls is part of our health themed creative arts programmes for people with disabilities and/or mental health problems.
• Risk Assessment & Risk Management: Policy Development & Training: HALE helps agencies develop enlightened policies and practices on risk in health, social care and educational settings. This includes training programmes for practitioners working in health, social care and the voluntary sector.
• The Fife Model of Risk Taking: Developing policy and guidance on risk.
• Promoting Social Inclusion Through the Creative Arts
• Providing Technical Support
• Capacity Building
• Encouraging Participation
• Training programmes in the areas of health promotion, social services and education.
Dr. Mike Titterton is the chairman of HALE.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.