Development Resource and Action Mentorship (DREAM)P.O Box 320
|Phone No.:||+265 999369118|
|Contact person:||Braxton Banda|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Development Resource and Action Mentorship (DREAM) is a non profit making, non political and non governmental organization with its mission of “Facilitating and implementing sustainable youth and Children programs in order to improve the social economic status and lives of young people and Children and the community as a whole. The organization is currently working in the area of Traditional Authority Wimbe in Kasungu District/ Malawi. DREAM was formed in 2006 by few concerned in the area of traditional authority Wimbe.
DREAM is also registered with Kasungu District Assembly as a Community Based Organization, solely and comprehensively embracing Children and young people from all backgrounds regardless of their race, religion, race and political affiliations while acting solely on humanitarian ground and in professional manner.
Our interventions aim at advancing Children, Young people and their communities in areas of academics, health/HIV/AIDS awareness, environment, human rights, poverty reduction strategies, job creation and employment skills, provision of facilities for recreation and creating an environment where children and youths develop into their fullest potential.
Early Childhood Development which integrates the following multi-sectoral activities:
• Health that include: growth monitoring, first Aid, heath check ups and referral to health facilities, immunization.
• Child minding and care
• Early learning and stimulation
• Socialization process through play
• Hygiene and sanitation
• Recreation activities
• Traditional Dances
• Education activities
• Spiritual Activities
• Arts and Child rights promotion
HIV/AIDS Education Project:
• The HIV/AIDS Education Project aims at increasing access to HIV/AIDS information by communities through village awareness meetings, school awareness meetings, Open Day Campaigns using the various information dissemination methods of edutainment like traditional dances, dramas, poems etc
Mobile HIV Testing and Counselling:
• DREAM is implementing the mobile HIV Testing and Counselling project in partnership with Wimbe Health Centre in ensuring that people have access to HTC services despite the long distances to the facility. DREAM supports the facility with fuel and along with government qualified HTC counsellors goes in villages.
Youth Development Project:
• The youth development project aims at empowering youths and using their untapped abilities to bringing a positive lasting change in their lives and that of their families. The project is currently implementing two mains activities; sports for development and social counselling.
Braxton Banda is the Executive Director of DREAM.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.