Trees for the FuturePO Box 7027, 9000 16th Street
MD 20907 Silver Spring
|Telefon:||+1 301-565-0630; +1 800-643-0001|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Projet d'environnement
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Since 1989, Trees for the Future has been helping communities around the world plant trees. Through seed distribution, agroforestry training, and our country programs, we have empowered rural groups to restore tree cover to their lands. Planting trees protects the environment and helps to preserve traditional livelihoods and cultures for generations.
Communities around the world recognize that they need to plant trees in order to improve their lives. Trees for the Future provides technical knowledge on agroforestry and sustainable development, along with planting materials so that communities can return their degraded lands and struggling farms back to sustainable production
Trees for the Future is an agro-forestry resource center dedicated to helping people in developing countries improve their rural livelihoods through the introduction of environmentally sustainable land management projects focused on beneficial tree planting
Planting trees in agroforestry systems provides a myriad of benefits, such as food; forage for animals; sustainable fuel wood and construction materials; increased agricultural yields; improved water infiltration and aquifer recharge; and protection of soils from wind and water erosion. However, planting trees can be difficult when the canopy has disappeared, topsoil has been eroded, and the climate and growing conditions have changed.
• Through our network of technicians, volunteers, and community leaders world-wide, our program reaches out and provides the knowledge and ability to rehabilitate their environment.
• We are also active locally, educating students and communities about global issues, our role in the environment, and energy efficiency.
• In conjunction with these major projects, we are working in thousands of communities across the globe through our distance agroforestry training and seed distribution program. We offer our Agroforestry Training Program free to people all around the world.
• Our current programs where our field representatives are organizing regional tree-planting efforts are in Africa, Asia, and Latinamerica.
Francis Deppner is the Southeast Asia Coordinator of Trees for the Future.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.