Palestinian Center for Rapprochement between Peoples (PCR)Schools Street, P.O.Box 24
|Telefon:||+972 or +970-2-277-2018; +970-599-833-888|
|Telefax:||+972 or +970-2-277-4602|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique de la paix
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet des médias
The Palestinian Center for Rapprochement between Peoples (PCR), initiated in 1988, is a non-profit non-governmental organization registered at the Palestinian National Authority since 2004. PCR fully adopts and teaches peaceful means to solve conflicts on different levels.
PCR works to bridge the gap between Palestinians and peoples from all around the world, informing the public about the reality in Palestine, and empowering the community through nonviolent direct action.
• Promote arriving at a just and peaceful Palestine
• Promote harmony and rapprochement within society and between societies
• Raise awareness, provide accurate and first hand information about Palestine
• Enhance civic duty and civic responsibility especially for empowering youth, women, and for marginalized segments of our society
Attempting to match these issues, PCR has recently developed three main departments, where all its activities fall under, namely the Media, Travel and Community Service departments.
• Community Service & Development Department: This department is meant to prepare the younger generation to be more active, more informed and more integrated in its community. The projects of this department will aim at equipping young Palestinians with the tools required to become real advocates for peace and justice on one hand, and on the other hand, to contribute to the development of a civil society in Palestine and to elevate the educational situation in the Palestinian areas.
• Alternative Travel Department: The main project of the Travel Department is the Siraj Center for Holy Land Studies. Siraj Center is a way to bring Palestinians and Internationals together to learn more about each other, which serves one of the main goals of Rapprochement. In addition, Siraj provides alternative tours for tourists that make them more aware of the situation in Palestine.
• Media Department: The Media Department is aimed at bridging the informational gap between the Palestinian People and the rest of the world by providing honest and accurate and untold information about the situation in Palestine to the world. This department is running the International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC). IMEMC is a media center developed in 2003 collaboration between Palestinian and International journalists to provide independent media coverage of Israel-Palestine.
George Rishmawi is the Coordinator for Siraj, Center For Holy Land Studies.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.