SAIDIA WAZEE Karagwe (SAWAKA);Mubali , Po Box No. 21, Karagwe, Kagera
|Phone No.:||+255 754894537|
|Contact person:||Livingstone Bartholomew Byekwaso|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
- Human rights
SAWAKA Karagwe is a local NGO legally registered in Tanzania. Since its inception, SAWAKA Karagwe has been securing external funding and continues to work with a number of national and international agencies developing a variety of sustainable community based programmes to support vulnerable older people and orphans and OVC. Just to mention a few these projects include Block Grant (school children program), Jali watoto program, Provision of households materials to poor households, houses repair and construction for poor older people, taking care of orphans and vulnerable children, Advocacy and empowerment of older people to demand their rights and entitlements.
SAWAKAs Vision is to enhance coordinated promotion of the welfare of the vulnerable older people, and other vulnerable groups of the community such as orphans and vulnerable children, disabled etc.
SAWAKAs mission is to improve the standard of living of older people and other vulnerable groups particularly those who are living in poverty, oppression and difficulties in Tanzania.
• To encourage and promote the formation of groups of older people and vulnerable orphaned children, and support such forums where they can meet and exchange ideas and experience with the aim of supporting each other.
• To identify, facilitate and supplement the execution of programs and projects intended for promoting and improving the welfare of older people and other marginalized groups of the community.
• To mobilize, provide and distribute relief support to the most needy.
• Advocacy and lobbying with and for the rights of the aged population and other disadvantaged groups
Livingstone Bartholomew Byekwaso is the Project Coordinator of SAWAKA.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.