International Federation on Ageing (IFA)351 Christie Street
ON, M6G 3C3 Toronto
|Phone No.:||+1 (416) 342-1655; +1 (647) 504-2102|
|Fax No.:||+1 (416) 392-4157|
|Contact person:||Greg Shaw|
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Media project
- Media project
The International Federation on Ageing (IFA), founded 1973, is an international non-governmental organization with a membership base of NGOs, the corporate sector, academia, government, and individuals.
The IFA believes in 'generating positive change for older people throughout the world by stimulating, collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information on rights, policies, and practices that improve the quality of life of people as they age.
Priorities are to establish the IFA as a point of…
• Connection: linking together NGOs, academia, policy makers, and the private sector
• Information sharing and exchange: facilitating knowledge exchange through our networks
• Research and advocacy: collaborating in research and providing a repository of information
• Policy knowledge around areas with global implications: age discrimination, engaging seniors, financial protection, and age-friendly communities
The IFA takes a lead to inform, educate and promote policies and practice to improve the quality of life of older persons around the world.
Other responsibilities include:
• Building, facilitating and strengthening bridges between government, non-government and the corporate sectors concerned with ageing issues
• Strengthening non-government organizations through collaboration toward a common goal
• Improving the understanding of ageing polices and practice and their impact on the lives of older people
Through its work, the IFA works to influence and promote positive change for older people globally.
Greg Shaw is the Director of International and Corporate Relations of the International Federation on Ageing (IFA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.