GO Group Media73 Chubinashvili street
|Phone No.:||+995 32 236 54 33|
|Contact person:||Margarita Akhvlediani|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Human rights
- Media project
- Women's policy
GO Group Media is a non-governmental media organization, established in early 2009 for supporting developing of the civil journalism in Georgia and in the South Caucasus, with a focus on ethnic minorities, and for contributing to the enhancement of the professionalism of the local media.
Its mission is to voice local concerns and facilitate a deeper and more informed dialogue within the society and in particular within the regions outside the capitals.
Our key targets are:
• To create greater opportunities for ordinary members of society, including members of minority groups, to respond to new realities and play a more active role in decision-making in the region and beyond
• To challenge predominant myths and stereotypes by providing information on complex issues and channels for dialogue
• To help societies afflicted by violence to understand the long-term benefits of a peace-building process
• To soothe tensions between different communities in the Caucasus which are often exacerbated by a lack of reliable information
• To identify and support new civil leaders, especially in the regions, thus contributing to good governance and to development of a more stable and peaceful environment in the region
The main project of GO Group is the Eyewitness Studio which networks professional and citizen journalists across the region, produces short documentaries and creates an alternative to mainstream reporting. The Eyewitness Reporting Studio aims to raise public awareness about the situation regarding justice, freedom and human rights in Georgia and the Caucasus.
The Studio has been inspired by the idea that journalism is a good tool to accomplish this goal, and it works best when it is enriched by the perspectives of ordinary people, who can offer real practical insights to public debates. For the time being, the Eyewitness Studio’s Live Voices Network includes about 80-100 eyewitness journalists and resident reporters from the general public in Tbilisi and seven regions of Georgia, as well as in breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
We support people to people contacts between communities, including those in regions divided by conflicts, in order to explore common points of understanding on the key problems and issues
Margarita Akhvlediani is the Director and Co-Founder of the GO Group.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance.