Make a Difference (MAD) Foundation17 Baker Street Rosebank
Afrique du Sud
|Telefon:||+27 (0) 11 442 0991; +27 83 647 2628|
|Telefax:||+27 (0)11 442 0940; +27 (0) 86 615 9988|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Communauté, projet communal
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
The Make a Difference Foundation (MAD) was founded in 2003 by Francois Pienaar and a group of friends.
MAD gives academic talented but economically disadvantaged youth an exceptional opportunity to reach their full potential as leaders and role models in South African society. In doing this MAD’s eventual aim is to create alumni of MAD beneficiaries who create a force for positive change in South Africa.
To achieve our vision, our focus will be on:
• Raising funds through exciting and rewarding activities locally and abroad
• Creatively networking with various companies and institutions
• Carefully selecting beneficiaries/beneficiary programmes
• Evaluating and monitoring progress of the beneficiaries
The Make A Difference Foundation’s Beneficiary Program support individual as well as broad-based educational programmes. The Education Program operates nationally in the Western Cape, Gauteng, Mpumalanga and KZN regions.
Underlying principles to the Foundation’s educational programme include:
• Identify talented young people who show potential within their current environment
• Offer the most conducive and viable educational opportunity
• Develop life skills through exposure of extracurricular activities
• Create a nurturing environment
• Establish personal relationships within the MAD environment
• Establish a mentor programme for the beneficiaries
• Establish a sense of pride and belonging to the MAD Foundation
• Offer long term commitment until they are ready for the work force
• Establish a shared responsibility and network for all parties involved in their tuition
• Encourage the beneficiaries to become involved in their communities
• Develop role models and leaders
• Work towards an end result of a well balanced, happy individual that is successful in his/her environment
Individual Education Programme: SA support of academically talented youngsters from less fortunate backgrounds.
Broad-Based Education Programme:
• Literacy Programme: Smart Brain (Western Cape) - aims to transform the reading ability of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. It is comprehensive cognitive development programme aimed at the improvement of reading, spelling and comprehension of learners.
• Green Programme: Children’s Echo Training Programme (CET). In partnership with CET we focus on hands-on environmental education amongst disadvantaged youth. The purpose is awareness, conservation and appreciation for nature in all its intricacies.
• Support a School - 300 government schools in the Acornhoek – Bushbuckridge area. Schools are overcrowded and operate under challenging conditions. Objective is not only providing means, but schools to ensure sustainability.
For other net participants we can establish new contacts in the field of our work.