Arbeitsgemeinschaft zum Schutz der Rechte der Kinder vor sexueller AusbeutungStrozzigasse 10/7-9
|Telefon:||+43(0)1 293 16 66; +43 (0)1 923 76 01; +43 (0)6991 923 76 02|
|Telefax:||+43(0)1 293 16 66|
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The non profit-making organisation ECPAT Austria was founded in November 2003 and is a confederation of various NGOs. ECPAT stands for "End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes". ECPAT Austria acts as a coordination centre in Austria, representing ECPAT International, the worldwide movement against child prostitution, child pornography and child trafficking.
The work of ECPAT Austria is guided by the basic premise that every child has a right to comprehensive protection against all forms of commercial exploitation and sexual abuse.
ECPAT Austria works towards a realisation of the Stockholm Action Plan adopted in 1996, at the first World Congress against the commercial sexual exploitation of children. In this, every country was called upon to develop and implement national plans against the commercial sexual exploitation of children, to improve cooperation between state and non-state organisations and to provide sufficient means for the protection of children. Young people are actively involved in all the activities of ECPAT Austria.
ECPAT Austria's field of action:
• Education and the raising of awareness about the causes and background to worldwide commercial sexual exploitation of children, suggestions as to what individuals can do about it.
• Instruction and training in the areas of ECPAT's work
• Monitoring the implementation of measures to combat commercial sexual exploitation of children in Austria.
• National networking
• Lobbying for, and advising on, the implementation of the “Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Tourism” - in cooperation with the tourist industry.
• Studies and research on this topic.
• International collaboration within the framework of ECPAT International
Astrid Winkler is the CEO of ECPAT Austria.
On request we can offer other net participants advice and up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.