The Aid and Education Project, Inc.
“ El Proyecto de Ayuda y Educación “14 Zander Lane
NJ 07869 Randolph
|Telefon:||+1 973-366-3119 ; +1 973-769-9827|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Aid and Education Project, Inc., founded in 2001, is a nonprofit charity dedicated to promoting Education, Health and Cultural Preservation in indigenous communities in Guatemala. The organization has no political or religious affiliations.
• Educational programs
- Scholarship Program: Help for students to get in school, stay in school, and succeed in school. This starts with giving a poor student material aid: paying for all or most of their school fees, school supplies, school uniforms and other basic school clothing.
- Computer Literacy Program: We have distributed more than 350 computers among schools and orphanages in Guatemala.
- English Classes (when volunteers are available)
- Maya Cultural Education / Vacation School with the topics: Maya mathematics and the calendar, Mayan glyphs, Maya crafts, Maya art & architecture, the Maya languages and literature, and the Popol Vuh (the creation story of the ancient Maya).
- Special Programs for Women and Girls: Help for women and girls to continue or begin their education.
• Health programs
- Vitamin Program
- Checkups & Medical Care for Students with Scholarships
- Shoes and Clothing for Children
• Cultural preservation
- Maya Cultural Education – “Vacation Maya Schools”
- Development of Educational Material on Maya themes
Mark Pitts is a Board Member and Executive Director of The Aid and Education Project, Inc..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.