Hope Development Organization (HDO)P.O. Box 1094; Street # 2, Office # 991, Chaman Zar Colony
|Phone No.:||+92 307 484 3004 ; + 92 - 41 - 201 1728|
|Fax No.:||+92 41 872 0287|
|Contact person:||Rashad Javed|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Peace politics
Hope Development Organization (HDO) is a non- profit, non-governmental organization based in Faisalabad. HDO is working since 1997 & serving in the target areas. HDO is a community-based organization seeking to transform deprived lives through sustainable development, with emphases on physical, social and economic help through medicine, encouragement and training.
Our vision is uplifting the communities through self-identified programs for their sustainable development. Integrated development through Information, Research, Co-ordination, Education & training is our mission.
HDO focuses especially upon the unmet needs of women and children in targeted areas. It works to promote Inter-Faith Harmony and Peace Building with youth, Education, Health (Traditional Birth Attendance (TBA’s) and Women Skill Development Program, Human rights, Emergencies and Relief. HDO believes in a participatory approach on different proposals, identified by the communities that are helpful for their development, improvement and rehabilitation.
• Help people change their own unsatisfactory situations.
• Improve the literacy rate of working children.
• Promote harmony among people of diverse economic status and religion.
• Train women for the workplace and increase their confidence.
• Provide assistance to the disabled and health services and awareness in HIV/Aids, hepatitis, drugs, tuberculosis and polio.
• Assist communities in defining their needs, and then define our programs.
• Working Children Educational Center: the children learn reading, writing, and trhe wys of peace. HDO teaches through playful activities like songs, poems and stories. Children learn as a team, which changes their behavior in the direction of civility and cooperation. They learn the value of education and are often stimulated to pursue it on their own after they leave our program.
• Skill Development Program: HDO has a program to train women in cosmetology and massage, where employment is available.
• Traditional Birth Attendant Training Program: HDO provides prenatal training for mothers and professional training for nurses
• HDO Medical Center: HDO has established a medical center that provides basic health care to poor people of rural and slum areas.
• Mobile Medical Camps: HDO arranged relief camps for earthquake victims or the survivors of the flooding in Pakistan and provided medicines, tents, food, blankets, clothes, shoes, and also money. HDO arranged mobile camps in rural areas. One such camp provided polio vaccinations. HDO arranged an eye medical camp in the target area.
• Inter-Faith Harmony: HDO has tried to bridge gaps by celebrating religious days together, such as Christmas, Eid-ul-Fitar, Eid-ul-Azha, and Easter. We encourage peaceful meetings to help develop acceptance, tolerance, and the concepts of love and peace.
• International Women's Day: HDO conducted a program at the Community Centre in Chaman Zar Colony, Faisalabad, to celebrate the efforts of women.
Rashad Javed is the Chairman of HDO.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance in the field of our work.