Global Oceanc/o Melanie Salmon; Primrose Hill
|Telefon:||+44 (0)20 7586 0567|
- Organisation de l'environnement
Global Ocean develops key campaigns on current marine issues and funds small, effective conservation projects globally. It aims to integrate the public with the marine world and generate a community with the inspiration to contribute to marine stewardship.
Global Ocean is a London based, non-profit marine conservation charity established by Melanie Salmon in 2006 to conserve marine life. Its objective is to heighten public awareness about the plight of the seas and to secure funding for conservation projects around the world. To do this, Global Ocean aims to:
• Fund small projects with big impacts
• Protect marine species
• Generate an affinity to the marine world to encourage individuals to positively contribute to marine stewardship.
• Facilitate relationships between marine conservation bodies to guarantee long-term sustainability of the oceans.
To achieve these aims Global Ocean develops key campaigns around current marine issues. By raising awareness and providing simple yet effective steps such as events and online petitions, the general public can contribute and make a real difference to marine protection.
To help generate public support for marine conservation, Global Ocean also works with the arts, providing a platform to relay our messages. We produce eco-arts workshops in schools, museums, galleries and at festivals including the National Geographic Store, Regents Park Zoo, the Design Museum London and the Lord Mayor’s Thames Festival.
Projects: for example
• Go Plastic: New Eco-Arts Workshops – highlighting the need to REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE
• West Africa. Sao Tome and Principe: Global Ocean supported the work of young environmental campaigner.
• Surfers Against Sewage (SAS): SAS is calling on the Government to introduce and implement a National Marine Litter Strategy to stop the ever-increasing tide of rubbish washing up across our shores; Environmental Educational Talks
• Ocean Alliance: Global Ocean continues to support Ocean Alliance which works on the frontline of quantifying manmade pollution in our oceans.
• Global Ocean’s Environmental Awareness Raising Workshops in Salvador, Brazil
• Paciano Meeting: Global Ocean sponsored a meeting of scientific experts at Sidney’s home town of Paciano concerning the current impasse at the International Whaling Commission or IWC.
• Marine Stewardship Council (MSC): MSC works to change the way in which the seas are fished.
Stephanie Dickens is Melanie Salmon's assistant at Global Ocean and Melanie Salmon is the Founder and Trustee of Global Ocean.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.