ONG AdkoulBP: 161
|Phone No.:||+227 20 610 912; +227 96993288; +227 90118728|
|Contact person:||Alhassane Abdoulaye|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
Adkoul is a Nigerien non-governmental organization. Adkoul means in Tamajek (Tuareg language) Development - Progress. The NGO Adkoul is apolitical, nondenominational and non profit. It was created in 2001 at the university campus to support the development of Niger in general and the rural world in particular.
Our motto is solidarity - education - development. Our values are efficiency, dynamism, integrity, honesty and respect for others.
Our concern supports the vital areas of community life: education, health, nutrition, water, environment and increase revenue through income generating activities (IGA).
Adkoul offers major advantages especially related to multidisciplinary skills motivated and engaged in a spirit of volunteerism. Most of the players are from the middle and have extensive experience in humanitarian and development area.
Adkoul collaborates with other national and international organizations in the respect of values such as solidarity, tolerance, friendship and community.
Several projects which include education / literacy, food security, income generating activities, health and water were done with the help of partners.
Our recent achievements:
•Food Security in 5 villages of the commune of Abalak and Tabalak by implementing cereal banks and food banks for the livestock and the social reconstitution of the livestock in villages and camps.
•Urgent food assistance to the pastoral populations of Tahoua affected by the crisis of 2010.
• Literacy of over 1600 nomads including 890 women in 62 centers in the province and Abalak Tchintabaraden.
• Set up of 3 co-operative boutiques to the advantage of 3 female groupings of Azawak
• Establishment and equipment of 3 workshops in 3 villages in fashion Department Abalak the benefit of vulnerable women.
• Twin / trade school nomadic Azawak (Niger) and schools in France: support of food, livestock, blankets, sinking of wells, school supplies
• Training of 80 peer educators of sex workers on the CCC / STI / HIV / AIDS
• Awareness of 10,500 people on STI / HIV / AIDS and tuberculosis
• Participation in meetings, workshops and forums at district, regional, and national levels.
Alhassane Abdoulaye is the Coordinator of Adkoul.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.