Hilfe für afghanische Frauen e.Vc/o Circe-Film; Schleheckerstr. 43
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Condition + projet féminin
Two independent organisations work under the name NAZO: Cooperation of Afghan Women, founded in Kabul in May 2002 and NAZO Deutschland – Hilfe für afghanische Frauen, a non profit making organisation founded in Germany in January 2003. NAZO Deutschland raises funds needed by NAZO Afghanistan to carry out each of its projects on the spot in a professional way.
The organisation in Afghanistan had to change its name. It is now called AFGHAN LUMINOUS SUN - NAZO Professional Cooperation Center for Afghan Women – ALS for short.
• to further self-confidence and independence
• to provide opportunities for education and the gaining of qualifications
• to create jobs
• to introduce child care
• to improve health
Achievements in Afghanistan:
• Training In three occupations is offered in three NAZO training centres: dressmaking, jewellery design and leather design.
• NAZO training workshop for bakers (now closed)
• Drinking water fountain
• Advisory service and further education courses (literacy; salesmanship; legal and health advice including family planning.)
Activities in Germany:
• Events, film shows, talks, discussions, exhibitions
• Charity events
• Participation in FAIR TRADE – the international trade fair for global trade which is responsible and sustainable
• Sale of films on the subject of “Women in Afghanistan” (on DVD) to support the NAZO training centres in Afghanistan
• Organisation of family sponsoring
Elke Jonigkeit-Kaminski is the president of NAZO Deutschland – Hilfe für afghanische Frauen.
On request we can offer other net participants advice and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.