Border Crossings13 Bankside
EN2 8BN Enfield
|Phone No.:||+44 (0)20 8829 8928|
|Fax No.:||+44 (0)20 8366 5239|
|Contact person:||Michael Walling (Artistic Director)|
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
Border Crossings, a registered charity founded in 1995, creates new intercultural, multi-media theatre in response to the contemporary globalised world. The company works across the borders between cultures and art forms, and between nations and peoples.
Border Crossings seeks to create theatre with the capacity to effect real transformations in people’s lives by making work that is not only aesthetically groundbreaking but also embraces diversity and respect for the individual. We often work with political, community and voluntary organisations as part of the creative process.
Border Crossings is dedicated to developing new audiences for intercultural theatre. All of our projects are complemented by participation and learning programmes, allowing community groups to participate in and contribute to the artistic process. The results of this work are frequently fed into the productions themselves. The company enjoys a genuine dialogue with its wide and diverse audiences.
• Border Crossings Education also arranges regular talks, discussions and panel events alongside theatre projects.
• Border Crossings Education provided training in devising intercultural theatre for Theatre Resource.
• Founded in 2005, Border Crossings Laboratory presents regular workshops exploring actor training and technique in intercultural theatre.
• As well as providing opportunities for performers to work with exciting intercultural practitioners, the Laboratory is an ongoing research project for the company, informing and renewing our creative and performance practice.
Michael Walling is the Founder and Artistic Director of Border Crossings.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.