Deutsch-Indische Zusammenarbeit e. V.Odrellstraße 43
60486 Frankfurt am Main
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)69 7940 3920|
|Fax No.:||0180 – 5446 6461 645|
|Contact person:||Dr. Jona Aravind Dohrmann|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The non-profit organisation Deutsch-Indische Zusammenarbeit (German-Indian Cooperation) or DIZ, was founded in Frankfurt on the Main in 1996, at that time under the name of Ecumenical Sangam.
The organisation seeks to further international understanding and development cooperation.
The three mainstays of our work:
• intensive cooperation with our partners in India - Ecumenical Sangam, Prem Sewa and CRTDP (Comprehensive Rural Tribal Development Programme) in the Nagpur area,
• increasing awareness in Germany. We offer regular seminars and talks on various aspects of development cooperation, the focus being on India.
• the deployment of volunteers for stays of at least 3 months (on their own initiative) as well as stays of at least 6 months within the framework of the volunteer programme ”weltwärts“ of the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development).
• Ecumenical Sangam has a multi-layered approach to development. Education (provision of kindergartens and primary schools); training schemes in income-producing skills for young men and women (courses in dressmaking, electronics, bicycle repair and house-wiring); hygiene education; sustainable agriculture; women's rights; health education; provision of health care services and the training of young women as (village) nurses and midwives; micro credits; work in the slums.
• The work of Prem Sewa enables orphans, half-orphans and children from poor backgrounds to have an education, regardless of caste or religion.
• The non-government organisation CRTDP (Comprehensive Rural Tribal Development Programme) has instigated comprehensive programmes for rural development. The various projects are concerned with aid for women and children living in poverty, the prevention of HIV AIDS, and courses leading to economic independence.
Dr. Jona Aravind Dohrmann is the president of DIZ.
On request we can offer other net participants advice and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.