The Cornerstone Foundation
Caring for peopleP.O. Box 242 , 43 Church Street
San Ignacio, Cayo District
|Contact person:||Rita Defour, Deyanie Hyde|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
Cornerstone Foundation is a local nonprofit organization founded in 1999 in the town of San Ignacio, district of Cayo, Belize.
Cornerstone Foundation is built upon the work of many volunteers and interns from our local community and from abroad.
Cornerstone Foundation believes that every person has valuable skills, even if they are often unknown to him or her. We try to help people use or enhance those skills, which can then be used to generate income or be beneficial in some other way.
We advocate for children and women's rights. We help children in difficult home environments learn life skills and sustainability. We encourage women in violent situations to seek solutions and empower themselves with skills that enable them to achieve a degree of financial independence. We help families afraid of the unknown learn how to care for a loved one living with and often dying from HIV/AIDS.
Our programs are structured into following categories: women, youth, health HIV/AIDS, relief &aid, literacy and community linking.
• Education & Training: Computer classes, sewing lessons, job application and interview skills courses, etc
• Domestic Violence
• Women-Centered Events
• Health Education: physical education, sexual & reproductive health, first aid, and personal and dental hygiene as well as nutrition.
• Senior Support
• Clinical Work
• Natural Healing Course
• Life Skills Training
• Classroom Teaching
• Jump Start Summer English Classes
• Summer Day Camps
• Public Awareness Projects
• Peer Education – YAP: the Youth Ambassador Program, works to recruit and train the youth of our community to do HIV/AIDS educational outreach work.
• Caring for Children: program funded in part by UNICEF as a means to provide protection and care of orphans, vulnerable children and their families.
Relief & aid Projects:
• Food Projects: Hot Midday Lunches, Food Bank Deliveries
• Assisting With Medical Needs: Medical Aid
Rita Defour is the Director of Cornerstone and Deyanie Hyde is a member of Cornerstone.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.