Homies Unidos - El Salvador1 calle poniente y 47 Avenida Norte, Condominio Residencial Normadia, Edificio A, Apartamento 5-A,
|Interlocuteur:||Luis Ernesto Romero Gavidia|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique de la paix
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Homies Unidos – El Salvador, founded in 1996, is an independent non-profit organization, which has been a catalyst for change, working to end violence and promote peace in our communities through gang prevention, the promotion of human rights in immigrant communities, and the empowerment of youth through positive alternatives to gang involvement and destructive behavior.
Homies Unidos of El Salvador is dedicated to the objective of obtaining the social reintegration of young people in maras (gangs) back into their communities and curtailing the cycle of violence created through the deportation of criminalized immigrants and the dispossession of basic human rights.
Homies Unidos’s mission is to provide the inherent right of youth, families and their communities to pursue their dreams and achieve their full potential in a just, safe and healthy society
• Rehabilitation and Prevention: Prevention workshops in schools, Capacity Building with NGO´s, Creating alliances and Coordination with rehabilitation institution, Capacity Building around internal and external phenomenon of gangs, Educational Programs
• Health Program: Workshops about HIV-AIDS HIV-AIDS testing for at-risk and gang involved youth, Prenatal care for gang involved youth, Pre and Post counselling, Tattoo Removal, Medical attention in detention and prison facilities
• Education Program: Vocation Scholarships, Diplomas of Professional studies, Education Awareness, Alphabetization
• Human Rights: Documenting and following cases of human Rights abuses; Legal and family resources
• Mental Health: Drug rehabilitation, Recreational Activities
• Micro Enterprises: Bakery, Catering Carts, Artisan
Luis Ernesto Romero Gavidia is the Executive Director of Homies Unidos – El Salvador.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.