Homies Unidos2105 Beverly Blvd., Suite 219
Los Angeles, CA 90057
|Telefax:||+1 (213) 383-7482|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique de la paix
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Homies Unidos, founded in 1997,is an independent non-profit organization, which has been a catalyst for change, working to end violence and promote peace in our communities through gang prevention, the promotion of human rights in immigrant communities, and the empowerment of youth through positive alternatives to gang involvement and destructive behavior.
Homies Unidos’s mission is to provide the inherent right of youth, families and their communities to pursue their dreams and achieve their full potential in a just, safe and healthy society
• Education: The Epiphany Project is a 12-week educational course designed to help non-active gang members reintegrate into their communities. Homies Unidos offers free tattoo removal for graduates of our Epiphany Project.
• Family: Strong families are key to violence prevention. Through our Family Wellness Workshops, we work to build mutual understanding between parents and children. Our workshops enhance relationship and communications skills to help maintain family wellness and keep families together.
• Advocacy: Our Libertad con Dignidad progam was designed to organize and participate in grass roots political advocacy on behalf of our most vulnerable communities. We encourage program participants to give back to their communities through these advocacy programs. Becoming “involved” helps our families feel empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
• Intervention: Homies Unidos is in a unique position to intervene and curtail the troubles of “at-risk” youth through leadership roles because we were once “at-risk” ourselves. We are often called upon by members of the community for advice and instruction on how to prevent potentially life threatening situations.
Alex Sanchez is the Executive Director of Homies Unidos.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.