Faces and Voices of Recovery South Africa (FAVOR SA)5 Wistaria Avenue
Pinelands, Cape Town
|Phone No.:||+27 (0)21 531 9096; 082 4277 277|
|Fax No.:||+27 (0)21 447 0478|
|Contact person:||Jurgens Smit|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
Faces and Voices of Recovery South Africa (FAVOR SA) is a non-profit organization focused on recovery from abuse, alcohol and other drug problems, and providing treatment, support and resources to improve the well being of individuals, families and communities.
FAVOR SA was set up by people in recovery from addiction, together with their friends, families and volunteers. We deliver a range of informational, educational and support services through our evidence based programmes and dedicated service delivery. Our programs are international approved and tailor made to address specific problems as faced by the individual, the family, the school, workplace and the community.
We believe that drug education and aerly intervention is HIV/AIDS prevention.
• provide addiction information, education, prevention, advocacy and support services;
• help individuals, families, schools, communities and employers;
• support and assist individuals and families to re-build their lives;
• provide a free ‘one-stop’ portal on substance misuse on our web pages;
• show by example that recovery is a reality;
• organize national advocacy campaigns to end discriminations and stigma against people in recovery;
• gain support from public health authorities for improved treatment programmes and facilities.
Our program is delivered through the following settings:
• Individual Coaching & mentoring where a one-on-one relationship is formed with the client;
• Relapse Prevention Group where the focus is on identifying triggers and teaching appropriate skills;
• Life Skill Groups where issues such as time management, daily structure, financial planning, anger management, communication, parenting skills, relational skills, motivation and self-esteem, responsible decision making, social engagement and responsibilities.
• Recovery Support Group where awareness of emotions and feelings are explored and peer support provided.
• Spiritual Support Group. During the group process clients are coached to adopt positive values and principles, identifying a sense of purpose, and helped to achieve and maintain serenity and peace of mind. An introduction to breathing and meditation techniques are also taught.
• Family Support Group: Topics that are addressed include Medical Aspects of Chemical Dependency, Stages of Family recovery, Cross-Addiction, Enabling and co-dependency; Healthy Communication and Boundaries.
Jurgens Smit is the Executive & Managing Director of FAVOR SA.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.