ECPAT DEUTSCHLAND e.V.
Arbeitsgemeinschaft zum Schutz der Kinder gegen sexuelle AusbeutungAlfred-Döblin-Platz 1
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)761 / 45 687 148|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)761 / 45 687 149|
|Contact person:||Mechtild Maurer und Sabine Stehr|
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
ECPAT Deutschland - Consortium for the protection of children from sexual abuse - was founded in 1994 and is a national federation of 29 institutions and groups. The work of the association and its member organisations is based on the principle that every child has a right to comprehensive protection from all forms of commercial exploitation and sexual abuse.
ECPAT Deutschland is committed to adherence to the UN Convention on the Exercise of Children's Rights; that the causes of abuse should be identified and any contravention prosecuted using all available means.
ECPAT Deutschland is involved in various fields (political, judicial. economical and educational) and, together with other government and non-government organisations, uses campaigns and projects to increase public awareness, to develop preventative measures and to achieve a legal basis for child protection.
ECPAT Deutschland is a member of ECPAT International, an international children's rights organisation based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Campaigns and projects:
• Instruction and workshops aimed at specific occupational groups, to raise their awareness of sex tourism involving children, child trafficking and the politics of child protection. .
• The Code of Conduct (CC) to protect children against sexual exploitation in tourism.
• Prevention of child pornography on the internet.
• Protecting children and juveniles from human trafficking, eg with the campaign ”Stop the trafficking of children and juveniles“ in cooperation with The Body Shop Germany.
• Youth participation: ECPAT Deutschland advocates s greater participation of children and youths in the various measures used to combat commercial sexual exploitation.
• A national action plan to protect children from commercial sexual exploitation.
Mechtild Maurer is the director of ECPAT Deutschland and Sabine Stehr is the assistant director.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.