Friedensmuseum Nürnberg e.V.Kaulbachstraße 2
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)911/3 60 95 77|
|Contact person:||Siegfried Winter, Elke Winter|
- Peace politics
- Media project
- Educational policy/project
The non profit making organisation Friedensmuseum Nürnberg is independent of political parties and religious denominations. It was founded in 1995 with the aim of supporting and furthering the construction, running and maintenance of the Peace Museum in Nürnberg.
The Peace Museum should be:
• a place of peace education for juveniles and adults, where they can learn about and practise methods of non-violent communication and conflict resolution. .
• open to all. It addresses itself in particular to those who distance themselves from the Peace Movement, with its methods of non-violence, and are prejudiced against it.
• a place where documents and arrangements are displayed, telling the history of the over 100 year-old pacifist and antimilitarism movement in Germany. The emphasis of the exhibitions should be on the work of the Peace Movement since 1945, in particular in Nürnberg. The objective is to encourage non-violent action by conveying the message in an engaging way, including the use of various media.
Particular attention is paid to the participation of women in the history of pacifism and antimilitarism in Germany and the Peace Movement in Nürnberg – which often receives too little notice.
• Exhibitions: e.g. "Peace Counts" - photographs of peacemakers and peace projects, from the Easter March to the Vietnam demonstration etc.
• Portraits: On display in the museum there are, for instance, portraits of people who distinguished themselves by their actions against injustice and violence. We remember them and learn from their experiences.
• Die Kaulquappe (The Tadpole) – the electronic magazine of the Nürnberg Peace Museum.
• Discussions, talks, films, presentations or readings
• Seminars on non-violent means.
The Nürnberg Peace Museum is a member of the International Network of Museums for Peace . There are well over 100 peace museums worldwide, which have linked themselves into this network.
Siegfried Winter is a founder member of the organisation, Elke Winter is on the committee.
On request we can offer other net participants advice and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.