Association for Health and DevelopmentSan Andrés Itzapa
|Telefon:||+502-5881-6701; +502- 5742-1083|
|Interlocuteur:||Maria Elena Letona Simmons|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
ASSADE is a non profit, non governmental organization and was inaugurated as a municipal clinic in the year of 2004, obtaining later the status of independent association, and on February of 2007, its legal capacity.
We are offering good quality primary health services ,equally to all the population of San Andres Itzapa and Chimaltenango, Guatemala.
Objective of ASSADE
• To provide health services to all the residents of san andres itzapa, without making profit treating everybody with respect.
• To educate people inside and outside of the clinics in order to prevent diseases and promote health.
Mainly the poorest Maternal and Children community group but we won’t decline our services to anybody who requires it and cannot afford private services, regardless of their gender or age.
Projects and Activities
• Our main activities are daily consultations and pharmacy from 8 am to 6pm. The medications have a very low price and in some cases free.
• ASSADE provides primary health services, nebulization and treatment of emergencies. We treat an average of 500 persons monthly, 60% of them are children and the rest are mainly women. We only charge a symbolic fee of Q3.00 ($0.30) and we provide the medication free of charge. We are a financially sustainable organization. We also offer psychological attention and we carry out medical missions.
• Projects: in the short term implementing a dental clinic and a Health education and nutrition program.
We are also in great need of volunteers
Maria Elena Letona Simmons is the Contact Person of ASSADE.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.