|Contact person:||Helmut Freundt|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The organisation "Kambodschahilfe e.V " (Aid for Cambodia), founded in 1999, supports small manageable projects for children and young people in Cambodia.
All that we undertake serves to encourage international attitudes of fairness and tolerance in every cultural area and to increase international understanding.
Our objectives are achieved by collecting humanitarian aid supplies and sending these to Cambodia, setting up projects in Cambodia and organising cultural events in Cambodia and Germany.
• Administering humanitarian aid
• Collecting orthopaedic appliances, especially artificial legs for victims of mines.
• Collecting and sending wheelchairs, glasses and other medical materials such as bandages, disposable syringes etc
• Raising funds to pay for the transport of these articles by air or sea.
• Setting up a prosthesis workshop for the physically handicapped in the provinces of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
• Delivering existing prosthesis workshops and supporting them with materials and staff.
• Publishing an information hand-out in Germany about Cambodian culture and history.
• Organising public information evenings.
• Cultural events.
• For pupils of the Volunteer Development Poverty Children School: a school founded by two monks in Siem Reap, which provides free education in language, health and religion for the poorest children in the region.
• For the upkeep of the orphanage "Happy Family".
• We finance the learning of the English language
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.