Qendra Sociale "Vatra"
Psycho-Social Centre “Vatra”Lagjia : Isa Boletini
Rruga: Sadik Zotaj, Vlorë
|Telefon:||+355 33 224078; +355 692083349; +355 692083339|
|Telefax:||+355 33 224078|
|Interlocuteur:||Vera Lesko, Brikena Puka|
- Condition + projet féminin
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Organisation d'aide
Vatra Psycho-Social Centre is a non-governmental, non- profit women organization, founded in 1999 in Albania. Vatra Centre works in the field of human trafficking and domestic violence. Its work is focused in three main fields: In Prevention, Information and Rehabilitation/Reintegration of the women and girls victims of human trafficking and domestic violence.
The prevention and information program is realized through sensitizing and informing campaigns with the young people, the women and girls and the community of the urban and rural areas, on the risk the human trafficking and domestic violence pose. The activities which are conducted in this framework are: informative sessions, trainings, seminars, TV and radio talks, publication and distribution of posters, leaflets, 3-monthly newsletters, brochures, studies, reports, etc. Similarly, in the framework of this program are provided individual and in-group psycho-emotional, psychological and legal assistance and counselling.
In cooperation with the Anti-traffic Centre in Vlora, Vatra established in August 2004 the network ANLI, The Anti-traffic Network of Local Institutions. This is the first network in Albania where not only the NGO-s is included but also the state institutions and different organizations that have a direct relation with the phenomenon of human trafficking.
In 2001 “Vatra” Centre established the first shelter in Albania for accommodation, rehabilitation and reintegration of the Albanian women and girls, victims of human trafficking financed by Save the Children. Since more than 5 years in this shelter are provided services not only for the victims of human trafficking, but even for those of domestic violence.
Our challenges(objectives) during the years 2011 - 2013, with the aim the successful realization of the taken objectives in the framework of this project will be:
• To lobby close to the Albanian Government for the implementation of the National Anti-Trafficking Strategy and Action Plan 2011-2013, with the aim the mitigation of human trafficking in particular that of the exploitation of females within the country which will influence in the reduction of the number of victims of human trafficking.
• To lobby close to the Albanian government to take its responsibilities for implementing the Strategy Against Domestic Violence 2011 - 2015 and have as its priorities the establishment of a considerable number of multifunctional centres extended in every District for assisting the victims of domestic violence.
• To increase the number of the victims of trafficking and domestic violence reintegrated in the social life.
• To increase contacts and coordination of actions with international organizations providing assistance to victims of trafficking and victims of domestic violence.
• Inclusion in national and international networks and coalitions with the aim: sharing of best policies and practices, advocacy and lobbying, partnership building on joint projects, etc.
• To strengthen the cooperation with our national and international partners and to establish a regional cooperation with the shelters working in the field of human trafficking, with the aim in information dissemination and referral of mutual cases.
Vatra’ s activity during these years has been realized with financial support by: the American Embassy, USAID, The Sigrid Rausing TRUST London, DFID , British Embassy, Norwegian Church Aid (Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Kvinna Till Kvinna (with SIDA funding), OSCE/ODIHR, Amnesty International, UNICEF, World Bank, etc.
Vera Lesko is the Honorary President and Brikena Puka is the Executive Director of “Vatra”.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.