AfriOceans Conservation Alliance (AOCA)PO BOX 22436
7975 Fish Hoek
Afrique du Sud
|Telefon:||+ 27 (0) 21 782 7590|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet des médias
AfriOeans Conservation Alliance (AOCA) was founded in 2003 and is a registered non-profit organisation.
We are the Voice of Our Oceans. We believe in Moving from Awareness into Action in order to save our oceans.
AOCA proactively encourages and lobbies for commercial, corporate and government policies and practices that provide sustainable marine conservation. By aligning with others that share our vision, and through conservation research, and compelling education and awareness initiatives, we are making a difference in preserving our precious marine resources.
AfriOceans has developed a respected reputation for developing and implementing compelling and high profile projects that combine Scientific research, Education and Awareness into what we call SEA Programmes. Each one of these components consists of various different projects.
• The M-SEA Programme, a high profile shark conservation programme, involving the satellite tagging and releasing of sharks from the Two Oceans Aquarium.
• Consulting for other NPOs in the development of awareness campaigns such as The Oceans Speak Out Campaign.
• Establishing Save Our Seas Foundation, a previous AOCA sponsor, in South Africa and giving them naming rights to all our projects for a period of six years.
• Our vision of establishing a Shark Centre and running it for two years – within 18 months we reached 18 000 children and over 30 000 adults through our innovative education and awareness initiatives.
• Unique environmental education and awareness programmes such as the AfriOceans Warriors, the Sea Smart Kidz series, and Shark Warrior.
• The development of numerous environmental education resources, documentaries, public awareness campaigns, and aquarium displays both locally and internationally.
• Aggressive lobbying for improved protection of South Africa's sharks.
• AfriOceans Holiday Programmes
• School Presentations
Lesley Rochat is AOCA Executive Director and Founding Member.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.