Mayan Families7-97 Calle Xecumuc
07010 Panajachel, Dept. Solola
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Mayan Families is a small, since 2007 formally recognized, non-profit organization operating in the Highlands of Guatemala.
Mayan Families provides assistance and opportunities to the indigenous people of Guatemala, in particular in the Lake Atitlan area, through education, community programs and construction.
We operate a variety of programs as a comprehensive approach to give a hand up to needy Maya people and the communities in which they live. The work of Mayan Families is supported completely through donations.
• We are sensitive to and encourage the preservation of the ongoing traditions of the indigenous culture.
• We empower people - primarily women, children and the elderly - through education and community services.
• We act in a responsible, trustworthy way in the community and in regard to our donors.
• We encourage continuous learning among ourselves and others.
We aim to fulfil our mission through the following programs:
• Education: Student Scholarships and General School within communities; Panajachel Sewing Project
• Community Programs: Family Aid, Elderly Care, Medical Aid, Animal Welfare, Fuel Efficient Stoves, Rotary Water Filters, Christmas Food Tamale Baskets, Chicken Program, Community Centers, Micro Finance and more
• Construction: Building schools, homes and other construction and repairs as required
Sharon Smart-Poage is the General Manager of Mayan Families.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.