Junge Menschen für Afrika e.V.Hintergasse 3
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6154-3401|
|E-mail adress:||firstname.lastname@example.org .|
|Contact person:||Liane Staehle|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
The independent, non profit making organisation “ Junge Menschen für Afrika e.V.“(JMfA)” (Young People for Africa) was founded in 2002 and arose out of personal experiences in Rwanda and the desire to provide active and direct aid. It consists of motivated young and young-at-heart people who share an interest in social work in Rwanda and Africa as a whole.
• We believe in human dignity and take care that the culture and life style of everyone involved are respected, regardless of ethnicity, religion, nationality and ideology.
• We support the disadvantaged, in particular women and orphans, in rural areas of Africa (Rwanda) in order to enable them to live a more self-determined life.
• We promote educational opportunities for children and juveniles (elementary school) in these regions.
• We promote intercultural dialogue and exchange between Germany and Africa.
Projects that we support and that we have initiated include:
• home economics and agriculture: sponsorship of an agricultural project (by working on the land, schoolchildren or their parents earn part of their school fees)
• school projects: school garden initiative (growing fruit and vegetables for use in the school canteen)
• Education projects: sewing machine project (free dressmaking apprenticeship)
• women’s cooperative for weavers of bast fibres
• Kirinda cookery club
• arranging child sponsorships to pay for school fees, uniforms and medical insurance
• drinking water cistern for Kirinda.
We initiate and support projects on the basis of an intensive, lively partnership between cultures, on an equal footing with each other.
We inform and raise awareness with events and publicity work both in Germany and in Rwanda.
We organise and support voluntary work on the spot.
Liane Staehle is the President of JMfA.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.