Uganda Peace Foundation Initiative (UPFI)P O Box 123, Pager Crescent, Plot 65-75
|Contact person:||Ronald Musenze|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Peace politics
- Social policy/disabled persons
The UPFI is a non-partisan and not-for-profit making citizen action organization established to foster a better understanding of a culture of peace, tolerance, positive and proactive change towards the creation of more non-violent and peaceful communities in Uganda through active processes of reconciliation and dialogue at all levels and across all regions in Uganda.
UPFI also participate in social rehabilitation and reconstruction of armed conflict affected people of northern Uganda.
The organisation’s focused interventions are towards promoting community dialogues and reconciliation, conflict transformation/resolution, peace building, non-violent communication, socio-economic empowerment, and to advance understanding, tolerance and solidarity among citizens.
• Support to Community Livelihoods: UPFI supports women groups to engage in beekeeping activities. Plan to establish micro-credit and saving schemes.
• Strengthening Systems of Child Protection: UPFI provides support with scholastic materials and school uniforms and scholarships. UPFI plans to initiate creative, recreational activities in games and sports.
• The Peace Pole Project: UPFI shall erect peace poles throughout the Country with a dedication to uplift humankind toward harmony rather than conflict.
• Networking and Advocacy: Collaborating with multinational agencies and governmental institution towards peace efforts, conflict prevention.
• Advocacy for Peace and Conflict Resolution: UPFI engages in action-oriented activities that instill the understanding of values of a culture of peace, tolerance and non-violence within communities in Northern Uganda.
• Support Creation of Peace Building and Non-Violence Infrastructures
UPFI accepts volunteers with demonstrated commitments to peace building and conflict transformation.
Ronald Musenze is the executive director of UPFI.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.