Cultural waves UgandaP.O.Box 1234
|Phone No.:||+256(0)752963590; +256(0)711963590|
|Contact person:||Kakeeto Henry|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Commune, community project
Cultural waves Uganda was founded by a group of students from Makerere University in 2004, from which many where from the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FCIT). Cultural Waves is a community non-profit organization whose activities depend on finances from private donations, organizations and funds from other bilateral donors.
Cultural waves Uganda aims at demystifying Information Communications Technologies (ICTs) and to make them accessible to all women and the girl child in rural areas particularly those who haven been historically disadvantaged in terms of their access to such technologies in order to make a difference in their livelihood.
Its vision is to empower women and the girl child in rural areas through ICTs as a tool for information and mobilization towards attaining gender equality and improved livelihood opportunities.
Its mission is to improve the livelihood of women and the girl child in rural areas through ICTs in terms of agriculture, health and education fields.
• Manifesting and integrating ICT in all aspects of life, be it health, education services.
• Helping the girl child and rural women in Uganda, meet the challenges of the changing world, there should therefore be positive policies in curriculum development, and education in general.
• Actualizing the rural women and the girl-child’s self esteem, and make progress and positive social and economic growth and sustainable development in her society.
Its focus on working with young female adults and children programs that promote their well-being, programs involved human rights education and awareness, science and technology education, HIV prevention (health), reproductive health of young people, culture, sports and entrepreneurship.
Kakeeto Henry is a country director and founder of Cultural waves Uganda.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.