SANGOCOP. O. Box 31471 ; 1-5 Leyds & Biccard street
Afrique du Sud
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Organisation d'aide
The South African National NGO Coalition (SANGOCO) emerged in 1995 to coordinate NGO input into government policy and ensure that the rich traditions of civil society, forged in the resistance to apartheid, continue to serve the people of South Africa. SANGOCO is the largest single umbrella body of NGOs in the Southern African region with members in every corner of the country and working on all issues affecting South Africa's development.
The vision of SANGOCO is of a democratic society where poverty and inequality have been eradicated, and where ordinary men and women are able to participate in all decision marking processes that have an impact on their lives.
The mission of SANGOCO is to promote civil society by uniting and strengthening the NGO sector to enable it to influence development policy and advocate for programmes that meets the needs of the poor at the least possible cost.
The strategic objectives of SANGOCO have been formulated as follows:
• The establishment of a strong and vibrant civil society that is well suited to serving the interest of the poor through building the capacity of the NGO sector.
• To influence development policies in the county and have ensued that all government programmes and policies effectively serve the needs and interests of the community.
SANGOCO has the following sector obligation:
• Women and Children, Youth
• Arts and culture
• Development media & communication
• Land and Forestry
• Environment , Water and Sanitation
• Rural & Urban Development
• Economic justice
• Health and HIV & AIDS
Daniel Prah is the Operations Director of SANGOCO.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.