Gegen NOMA e.V.Oberstdorfer Str. 7
|Telefon:||+49 (0)8 31 25 39 - 358|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)8 31 25 39 - 378|
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
Noma is a bacterial infection which, when left untreated, leads to death in 80% of cases. Terrible mutilations, repudiation and being left an orphan are the fate of those who survive. It occurs in undeveloped countries, particularly in Africa, and is triggered by malnutrition and poor hygiene.
The non-profit making organisation „Gegen NOMA“ (Anti-Noma) was founded in 2008. Its aim is to raise awareness of the disease in Germany and to raise funds to fight it.
Activities of „Gegen NOMA“:
• The funding of prevention programmes: the three stages being information, early diagnosis and basic medical care. Eventually there should be a medical assistant or a traditional healer in every village who is able to recognise the first symptoms of Noma, assess the child’s condition and either give treatment or send the child to hospital if necessary.
• Support of the hospital CMPPB (Centre Pediatrique Medical Persis Burkina) and of the CREN (Centre Récupération et d'Education Nutritionelle) of the Noma specialist Dr. Zala by donations in kind. Aid containers are sent regularly to Burkina Faso, containing necessary medical equipment, baby food, and medicines.
• Awareness campaign in Burkino Faso (Radio, TV etc.)
• Fundraising through the media and by charity events.
Christine Abele-Aicher is a member of "Gegen NOMA."
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.