|Phone No.:||+49(0)6361 459 0698|
|Contact person:||Andreas Meisig|
- Aid for developing countries
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Haiti-Kinderhilfe (Haiti Children’s Aid) is a non profit-making association formed to solve both the acute and long-term problems of Haitian children quickly, avoiding red tape, and to give them new prospects. The association supports orphanages, builds and maintains schools, funds medical and humanitarian projects and organises individual aid in cases of acute need, as well as mediating school sponsorships.
• School sponsorships: funding school fees, school boarding, school uniforms and books. Twice yearly distribution of food for the families.
• Restaveks (child slaves): supporting free education for the restavek children in the 3Rs, hygiene and nutrition as well as manual and domestic skills. Thereby the restavek children become regarded more as foster children rather than house slaves with no dignity.
• Rebuilding a school in Bellanger after the devastation of the town by hurricanes.
• Schools in Port-au-Prince: building and rebuilding various schools after the earthquake.
• Classroom and refectory for a school in San Marc, also class sponsorships there.
• "Ti Soleil": project to distribute solar powered lamps in slum areas.
• "Traitemont Ti Moun": Free medical treatment for children: funding two mobile teams of doctors to treat cases of malnourishment, water deficiency and skin diseases in children.
Andreas Meisig is the co-chair of Haiti-Kinderhilfe.
On request, we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.