Volunteer Youth Corps Inc.Lot 'E' Luckhoo Street
Durban Backlands, Georgetown
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Condition + projet féminin
Volunteer Youth Corps Inc., launched in 1996, is a voluntary, non-government and not-for–profit company made up of a group of dynamic young people who dedicate their time talents and energy towards the development of the health, economic and social sectors in Guyana. We believe in youth and volunteerism; volunteerism as a means of reaching and empowering the less fortunate and disadvantaged.
We seek to employ the most effective practices for improving the lives of young people strengthening families and supporting communities.
• Youth and Women Empowerment: an after-school programme focusing on peace and non-violent communication, and life skills which encompass leadership training, computer studies, sewing training and organised out-door sports among other recreational activities.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guyana: Mentoring Programme designed to help disadvantaged and “at risk” children who are unable to perform to their fullest potential.
• Job Bank: this programme seeks to attract and place persons between the ages of 16-35, who may be skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled into productive jobs. VYC´s Job Bank offers effective services for employees and also for employers
• Business Development Centre: a new socio-economic development initiative which will assist Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to access and benefit from non-financial business development services, and facilitate and promote business linkages and co-operation among MSMEs and large firms.
Ms. Goldie Scott is the Chief Executive Officer of Volunteer Youth Corps Inc..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.