Pebbles Project TrustPO Box 256 Somerset Mall
7137 Somerset West
|Phone No.:||+27 (0)72 472 2797|
|Contact person:||Sophia Warner|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The Pebbles Project is a Public Benefit and Non Profit Organisation and was established in 2004 to offer support to children with special educational needs, particularly those whose lives are affected by alcohol in some way, in the Western Cape of South Africa.
Pebbles works closely with the wine farm owners, who support our work and assist us with the upliftment of their farm worker communities and the education of the workers' children. Some of the farms that we support simply request basic créche teacher training, resources and guidance; however the majority of farms request our full range of services. Pebbles also supports township créches in Somerset West and Stellenbosch.
Pebbles offers the créches and after-school clubs the following services:
• Provision if needed and Renovation of buildings for créches and after-school clubs.
• Training for all créche and after-school club staff
• Educational resources and equipment - toys, games, outdoor play equipment, furniture.
• Provision of libraries at each facility.
• Activities at after-school clubs - homework programme and supervision, art classes, lifeskills programme, drumming and music workshops, health and beauty workshops, dance and drama workshops, environmental and recycling projects.
• Créche support teachers - to work alongside the créche staff, and to give individual attention to any children with special needs.
• After-school club support teacher - to assist with the homework programme in the after-school clubs and to work with any children in the after-school clubs with learning difficulties.
• Parent Workshops - on a range of topics including Money Management, Positive Parenting, Sexual Health, Substance Abuse, Health and Hygiene, HIV/AIDS and TB.
• Monthly educational trips for all children to interesting excursion destinations and many other exciting venues.
• Mobile Toy Library for all créche children aged 3 - 6.
Pebbles welcomes volunteers who can bring their wealth of knowledge and experience to our work.
Sophia Warner is the founder and director of Pebbles Project Trust
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.