Verein zur Förderung demokratischer Stadtplanung und stadtteilbezogener GemeinwesenarbeitRückertstr. 28
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)231 / 82 83 62|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)231 / 82 83 12|
|Contact person:||Tülin Kabis-Staubach|
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The non profit-making, non-political association Planerladen was founded in 1982 with the aim of improving the living and housing conditions of all the inhabitants of the city district of Nordstadt. The area-based initiatives and projects of the Planerladen refer both to structural-spatial and to socio-economic questions, linking them to provide socially oriented town development. The association has a grass roots inter-disciplinary and inter-cultural team, and has shops or offices at various points in the town.
Planerladen’s spheres of action:
• Children and juveniles – public work for children and young people
• Job-related integration – voluntary social training year, help with applications
• Help with everyday problems – social and cultural services
• Residential environment – traffic calming, neighbourhood improvements, provision of playgrounds
• Living together in the neighbourhood – projects and measures to reduce disadvantage and xenophobia.
• Art and the culture of the district – art and culture projects such as designing facades.
Activities in the following project areas:
• Meetings e.g. neighbourhood meetings, women’s discussion groups, international girls’ group …
• Advice – e.g. debtor’s and bankruptcy advice, social aid advice at neighbourhood meetings, information for migrants about welfare services …
• Education – e.g. integration courses, job application advice for school leavers …
• Work with children and juveniles – e.g. Nordstadt Youth Forum, Open Door …
• Neighbourhood projects e.g. to promote intercultural dialogue, neighbourhood forum, management within the harbour district …
• Integration e.g. Aktion Noteingang, training for civil courage against right wing extremism …
The architect Tülin Kabis-Staubach is on the committee of Planerladen.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.