Öffentlichkeit gegen Gewalt e.V.Berliner Str. 97-99
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)221 / 96 47 63 00|
|Fax No.:||+49(0)221 96 49 67 09|
|Contact person:||Sanata Nacro, John Mukiibi|
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Human rights
The non-profit organisation “Öffentlichkeit gegen Gewalt“ (Public against Violence) (Cologne) was founded in 1992 as a reaction to the increasing racial violence in Germany.
Open, non-party, consisting of a variety of people fired by moral, humanitarian, social, cultural and other motives, in all, a broad people’s movement against racial violence and discrimination. The public can make a decisive contribution to the protection of human rights by private initiatives and actions.
• everyone living here to treat each other equally, peacefully and tolerantly, irrespective of their skin colour, origin, culture and religion,
•racial violence and discrimination to be socially discouraged.
• as many people as possible who are against right-wing extremism and racist tendencies in our society to stand up and be counted,
• the democratic public to be strengthened.
We get involved...
• by giving advice, actively supporting and mediating in individual cases of discrimination and conflict,
•by publicising cases of racial violence and discrimination, arbitrary decisions or infringements or degrading practices among authorities,
• by informational, educational and discussion events and political campaigns,
• by liaising between citizens, politicians, authorities, the media, associations and initiatives, giving them an opportunity to meet and speak together,
• by cooperating with other anti-racist organisations.
The organisation sponsors the Anti-Discrimination Office (ADB) in Cologne, whose aim is to expose the various forms of discrimination – structural, institutional, racist and individual – to publicise these and to put sustainable structures in place for equal treatment and against discrimination and racism. Apart from advice and publicity work, we initiate, draw up and establish common activities between the anti-discrimination projects in North Rhine Westphalia, we carry out investigations related to these projects and we systematically document cases of discrimination in our area.
Sanata Nacro and John Mukiibi work for the ADB Cologne.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.