Hilfe für Guinea-Bissau e.V.Moltkeplatz 3
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)228-30894-25|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)228-30894-11|
|Contact person:||Margrit von Brühl|
- Aid for developing countries
- Commune, community project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The non-profit organisation ”Aid for Guinea-Bissau“, founded in 2002, was privately initiated by the Graf and Gräfin von Brühl (the Count and Countess of Brühl) and arose out of a journey to Africa. The aim of the organisation is not only to help the people of Guinea-Bissau financially and practically, thus offering them a future, but also to convey to these needy people values such as reliability, education, readiness to help others, honesty, respect for the individual (Ubuntu principle), consideration and love of animals and nature; in short, family and community values, positive and warm-hearted ones, which are vital, especially in childhood.
The organisation is financed by donations of money and in kind, by individuals and companies. The voluntary nature of the work is another very important factor enabling the projects to be implemented.
Completed and current aid measures:
• The building of social housing
• Dental care
• Supplying hospitals with medicines and equipment
• Supporting schools and kindergartens with school materials, toys, baby food and musical instruments.
• Building several orphanages, kindergartens, schools,
• Building at least one proper hospital in Guinea-Bissau
• Extending and refurbishing present capacity
Margrit Gräfin von Brühl is the president of the organisation Hilfe für Guinea-Bissau e.V..
On request we can offer other net participants advice and provide contacts connected with West Africa and health care.