Verein zur Unterstützung sozial bedürftiger Kinder und Jugendlicher in GhanaObstgasse 14
2700 Wiener Neustadt
|Phone No.:||+43 (0)2622/20709|
|Fax No.:||+43 (0)2622/20709|
|Contact person:||Christine Refaei|
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
Following research work in Ghana, Christine Refaei founded the non-profit organisation Help4Ghana in 2002. Its aim is to support socially deprived children and juveniles in Ghana.
School sponsorships enable socially disadvantaged children and young people in Akropong, Ghana, to benefit from primary school education and basic job training. The funds to achieve this are raised by talks, events, members’ subscriptions and donations.
Projects in Ghana:
• School sponsorships, supplying school materials for all the children in the programme, uniforms and school bags where necessary.
• Computer school
• Computer courses
• Support funds for emergencies
• School equipment, e.g. teaching materials.
• Scholarships to the middle school.
• Support during job training
• Medical insurance for the children in the school project
• SODIS- water project (solar disinfection of water).
We visit our projects at least once a year to check on progress. We ensure that the children are attending school, and, increasingly, we visit the families to see where their needs are.
Projects in Austria:
• School projects
• Creative workshops – production of art objects using Ghanaian glass beads and other decorative materials.
• Photographic exhibitions
• Talks in kindergartens and schools.
Christine Refaei is the chairwoman of Help4Ghana.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.